At Advent, we create experiences that move people and we’re hoping that can include you, as our Studio Director. Leading a team of thinkers and doers, the right Studio Director will bring a mix of design expertise and business understanding to the position.
We’re looking for an experienced manager of people, someone who can inspire others, taking our creativity to a new level as we continue to grow. The ideal candidate will have a natural eye for design and a drive to inspire dynamic ideas that connect with all types of audiences while also having a strong business acumen understanding managing budgets, drive to hit deadlines to meet company objectives and overall goals.
- Work with VP of Client Experience to ensure effectiveness and margins for projects are met
- Work hand-in-glove with any assigned Project Manager or Senior Project Manager to ensure project delivery and client satisfaction
- Set level of accountability for the team that balances the creative need with the need to manage project budgets, timelines and overall client expectations
- Limited travel, as required for presentations and design meetings
- Meet budget standards by forecasting and managing expenses
- Manage internal and external creative resources
- Build and maintain an external pool of resources to help manage to scale up for peak demand
- Hold team accountable and provide timely and actionable feedback
- Undergraduate degree in the art-related field or equivalent visual design experience required
- A portfolio that demonstrates that you have a comprehensive "design eye"
- At least 10+ years of professional experience with 5+ years managing creative teams
- Intermediate graphic design skills; Advanced leadership graphic design skills
- Advanced Strategic thinking/consulting
- Demonstrated success in budgeting and feasibility assessment
- Basic understanding of UI/UX design
- Ability to evaluate, critique and make judgment calls on design
- Advanced communication skills, both verbally and in writing, are a priority
- Ability to work effectively and efficiently towards goals in a complex, diverse environment that requires adaptability to changing demands
- Ability to demonstrate the embodiment of Advent Core Values
- Knowledge of the sports industry
- Proven ability to successfully lead creative teams to hit creative and financial metrics
Working Environment/Physical Demands:
- Reaching, standing, walking, lifting, grasping, talking, hearing and repetitive motions.
- Primarily office-based work – Exerting up to 10 pounds of force occasionally, sits or stands
- Close visual acuity to perform activities at distances close to the eye
- Subject to activities that occur inside and outside, heat and noise
- When working in the office, not substantially exposed to adverse environmental conditions
By nature, this job description cannot be exhaustive: additional responsibilities, duties, skills, efforts, requirements and working conditions may be associated with this job.
Advent, LLC is committed to creating a diverse and inclusive work environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We provide equal opportunity to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibit discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.