Strategic Account Manager
This position will manage, maintain and strategically identify ways to increase the revenue with our most strategic clients. The Strategic Account Manager will be a liaison between the firm and the client, tracking job progress, providing answers and listening to client problems that could be solved through Advent's services.
The Strategic Account Manager will integrate the needs of all stakeholders to maintain a productive and deepening relationship. This position is able to live in the region where our strategic clients are located. The Strategic Account Manager will report to the VP of Sales & Marketing and communicate regularly with the Senior Strategic Advisor assigned to the region.
The following are indicative of the essential functions required to perform this job successfully.
- Develop a relationship with key accounts, customer stakeholders and executive sponsors as a support to the Strategic Advisor team.
- Ensure the timely and successful delivery of our solutions according to customer needs and objectives.
- Acquiring a thorough understanding of key customer needs and requirements.
- Building and maintaining strong, long-lasting customer relationships.
- Assist with high severity requests or issue escalations as needed.
- Serve as the link of communication between key customers and internal teams.
- As a part of a team, resolve any issues and problems faced by customers and deal with complaints to maintain trust.
- Expanding the relationships with existing customers by continuously proposing solutions that meet their objectives.
- Identify new business opportunities with existing clients and/or identify areas of improvement and communicate opportunities to Senior Strategic Advisor.
- Focused on the the annual quota for opportunities as designated by the VP of Sales & Marketing
The travel will be regional and associated with the key accounts identified by the VP of Sales & Marketing for that territory. It is assumed that in order to maintain and build relationships with a client that the Strategic Account Manager will need to travel frequently. This individual would be expected to travel on a frequent basis (an average of 61-80 nights per year) to develop customer opportunities and relationships.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Critical thinker with the ability to anticipate needs.
- Excellent leadership ability.
- Proven organizational and analytical skills with excellent attention to detail.
- Superior verbal and written communication skills.
- Proactive problem solving ability.
- Strong strategic thinking skills.
- Business Acumen.
- Customer/Client Focus.
- Results Driven.
- Ability to speak to design and construction processes
- Ability to build strategic relationships with key personnel on-site
Two or more years of progressive experience in service branding and customer experience management with an emphasis in client support.
- BA or equivalent experience preferred
- Advent collegiate internship a plus
- 2-3 years of experience in account management or direct sales