Senior Strategic Advisor
The Senior Strategic Advisor will work to identify opportunities, initiate proposals, close sales and maintain customer relationships within a designated region.
The Sr. Strategic Advisor will report to the VP of Sales & Marketing. The SSA will lead a territory’s team comprised of a Strategic Advisor, Strategic Account Manager and a Sales Team Coordinator.
The following are indicative of the essential functions required to perform this job successfully.
- Build business by identifying and selling prospects within the college & professional athletic, and college academic sectors; maintains relationships with customers.
- Identify business opportunities by evaluating their needs to help assess fit and appropriateness with Advent’s solutions.
- Establish contact (phone, email, handwritten notes, in-person visits) and develop relationships with prospects to uncover needs and opportunities.
- Maintain relationships with clients by providing support, information, and guidance; researching and recommending new opportunities; and, recommending profit and service improvements.
- Maintain territory sales data in Salesforce.com database as required.
- Accurately forecast opportunities in Salesforce as laid out by the Advent sales process.
- Prepare reports by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing information.
- Effectively close deals including sign-off on proposals; signatures on project/production schedules from client.
- Lead territory team
- Maintain a memorable level of service by establishing and enforcing organization standards.
- Anticipate any and all variables as it relates to scope (ie: Travel, person responsible for payment)
- Take leadership responsibility for anything dealing with changes in financial terms or new work; communicate scope change
- Negotiate with client including PM on call
- Act as political manager for client
- Maintain professional knowledge by attending industry workshops and trade conferences; reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks; and, benchmarking state-of- the-art as well as competitive practices.
- Serve as A/R collections (specifically outstanding invoices)
Given the nationwide scope of our business, this individual would be expected to travel on a frequent basis (an average of 61-80 nights per year) to develop customer opportunities and relationships within their assigned territory.
- Strong communication skills (written and oral)
- Presentation skills
- Client relationship skills
- Proven commitment to excellence
- High energy level
- Negotiation abilities
- Prospecting skills
- Strong commitment to and track record for meeting sales goals
- Sales planning experience
- High motivation level
Ideally, the candidate would have 5+ years experience calling on decision makers, senior executives discussing strategic opportunities from $100,000 to $1 million+. Experience in the sports industry would be considered highly beneficial.