The role of the Project Engineer is to provide support to the Project Manager or Senior Project Manager by assisting in the management and execution of projects according to strict quality standards, deadlines and within budget while maintaining high levels of quality safety and customer satisfaction. This position is responsible for assisting the Project Manager or Senior Project Manager by exploring the feasibility of designs and bringing them to life for the customer.
- Provides support to the Project Manager or Senior Project Manager
- Strategically consults and adds value to internal project team
- Meetings: Attends meetings as requested by the Project Manager and completes tasks assigned in meetings
- Budget: Manage materials, installation and shipping budget as assigned
- Architectural Integration Documents: Oversee the internal development of document set, review with project team as needed, provide support to Project Team in coordination with external parties
- Estimating and Feasibility: Complete estimating and feasibility assessments as assigned of designs based on budget and timeline
- Production Documents: Collaborate with Technical Team on document development, internal reviews, and full execution of documents. This may include but not limited to obtaining shop drawings and e-proofs from vendors, integrating vendor shop drawings/e-proof into production documents
- Site Survey: In collaboration with Project Manager and Installation Lead, assist in scheduling, execution, and dissemination of site survey; review Site Survey for accuracy
- Installation: In collaboration with Project Manager and Installation Lead, assist in scheduling and execution of installations including but not limited to creation and review of Work Action Plans and Punch List Documentation; This role may require on-sight installation supervision/management in conjunction with Field Supervisor as well as facilitation and communication with vendors who may be on-site for installation
- Materials Selection: Collaborate with design team on materials selection, responsible for procuring samples for review; building sample presentation boards; track and communicate shipping details; maintaining sample budget; and communicating with vendors as needed
- Project Tracker: Daily input of information as required, including but not limited to material details, sample tracking, sizes, hardware, etc.
- Vendor Management: Day-to-day communication with vendors; hold vendors accountable to deadlines and complete routine checks on progress as assigned
- Logistics Coordination: Monitoring and communication of shipments, storage, organization prior to installation; provides support to Installation team
- Closing Documentation: Supports Project Manager in development of closing documentation including maintenance details, warranty information, Project Updates outline, replacement hardware, etc.
- Vendor Payments: Coordinate with vendor and internal accounting to complete purchase orders, commitments, change orders, and ensure timely payment to vendors
- Schedules: Collaborate on project schedules based on knowledge of material and fabrication lead times
- Development: Research and validate best in class vendors and recommend them based on scope of project(s) in collaboration with Director of Implementation
- Responsible for individual monthly expense reporting
- Bachelor’s degree in Construction Management, Engineering or related field
- 3-5+ years of professional work experience in Commercial Construction or Engineering
- Hands on building and/or fabrication experience
- Experience working on an active construction site
- Portfolio of hands-on fabrication/construction experience required
- Strong familiarity with the following software: Google Suite, Adobe Creative Suite, SketchUp, Procore and the Mac platform
- The ability to travel required
- Detail oriented and highly organized
- A self-starter with the ability to learn quickly
- Ability to be proactive not reactive; advanced problem solving skills; ability to ‘think on your feet’
- Ability to delegate tasks as needed
Working Environment/Physical Demands:
- Reaching, standing, walking, lifting, fingering, grasping, talking, hearing and repetitive motion
- Exerting up to 25 pounds of force occasionally
- Close visual acuity to perform activities at distances close to the eye
- Subject to activities that occur inside and outside, heat, and noise
- When working in the office, not substantially exposed to adverse environmental conditions
By nature, this job description cannot be exhaustive: additional responsibilities, duties, skills, efforts, requirements and working conditions may be associated with this job.
Advent, LLC is committed to creating a diverse and inclusive work environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We provide equal opportunity to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibit discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.