The Project Coordinator is tasked with supporting the Project Engineer and the Project Team to execute projects on time and budget.
As an integral part of the team, the Project Coordinator must have a basic understanding of basic engineering principles and general building materials as well as a strong attention to detail. The Project Coordinator works behind the scenes to ensure the essential functions of the project are executed. The Project Coordinator reports to the Director of Implementation.
- Provides support to the Project Engineer and Project Manager
- Strategically consults and adds value with internal team
- Materials Selection: Based on direction from Project Engineer and Design Team, responsible for procuring samples for review; building sample presentation boards; tracking shipping; maintaining sample budget; and communicating with vendors on results
- Production Documents: Reviews Production Documents to ensure accuracy of details based on Project Tracker and details provided by Project Team
- Project Tracker: Daily input of information as required, including but not limited to material details, sample tracking, sizes, hardware, etc.
- Vendor Management: Gathers pricing and estimates from various vendors; reviews E-Proofs and ensures approved or reviewed by Project Team; Day-to-day communication with vendors; hold vendors accountable to deadlines and complete routine checks on progress
- Logistics Coordination: Monitoring and communication of shipments, storage, organization prior to installation; provides support to Installation Lead
- Closing Documentation: Supports Project Manager in development of Closing Documentation including maintenance details, warranty information, Project Updates outline, replacement hardware, etc.
- Responsible for individual monthly expense reporting
- Other duties as assigned
Bachelor’s degree required; preferred in Engineering, Construction Management or related field
Minimum of 1 year of professional work experience in Commercial Construction or Engineering preferred; Internships and other work experience may be evaluated as applicable
Detailed oriented and highly organized
Familiarity with the following software: Google Suite, Adobe Creative Suite, Procore, SketchUp, relevant Project Management Software and Mac platform
A self-starter with the ability to learn quickly
Ability to be proactive not reactive; advanced problem solving skills; ability to “think on your feet”
Travel may be required
Working Environment/Physical Demands:
Reaching, standing, walking, lifting, fingering, grasping, talking, hearing and repetitive motion.
Office work – Exerting up to 10 pounds of force occasionally, sits most of the time.
Close visual acuity to perform activities at distances close to the eye
Subject to activities that occur inside and outside, heat, and noise.
When working in the office, not substantially exposed to adverse environmental conditions.
By nature this job description cannot be exhaustive: additional responsibilities, duties, skills, efforts, requirements and working conditions may be associated with this job.